Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Paleolithic Europe Cave Paintings Mesopotamian Art 18th Dynasty Egyptian Queen Hatshepsut
Greek Architecture Mathematically Proportionate Roman Sculpture Byzantine Architecture Medieval Monastery Monks and Architecture
Research Paper Requirements
- Analysis of artwork from 30000 BCE to 1300 CE.
- Select one of the 8 essay topics.
- Be specific with topic you choose--find a piece of art that represents your topic of interest, and use comparisons tied to your thesis.
- Need a thesis statement--What stance are you taking on the topic?
- Must have 4 or more sources that are either books or academic journal articles.
- May use reputable websites in addition to the 4 book or journal sources.
- Websites may not be online encyclopedias, wikis, or art blogs.
- May use MLA or Chicago Style for citations and formatting.
Confused? Ask a Librarian!
If you need help, use the Ask Us! button for chat, come to the second floor of the library, or email me!